Who we are
Thank you for visiting mycarsolutions.co.uk a trading style of (“Management Schemes Ltd”, “we”, “us”).We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office under the registration number ZA248925 and we are the organisation responsible for the processing of any information that you provide to us.
Head of Operations and Business Risk
Management Schemes Limited t/a mycarsolutions.co.uk
1 Orchard Close Walton Le Dale
What, how and why we collect information from you
•financial information including credit history and affordability information,
•Payment card information for payment processing (however we do not store this information in full)
•information about your lifestyle or living accommodation,
•identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices, including your IP (Internet Protocol) address,
We may build on the data that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations, for example, our partners or other relevant agencies. We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. The legal basis of processing will vary depending the type of service you have requested and we have listed some examples of our processing activities below;
1) Administering your vehicle quotes and policies (as is necessary for performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
2) Carrying out anti-fraud and anti-money laundering checks and verifying your identity (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
3) Assessing financial risks, including by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments, (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
4) Broking your finance agreement and any related services (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
5) Using your payment details to process payments or refunds relating to a service provided by us (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
6) Sending you information about your end of contract obligations and how to renew your vehicle hire agreement (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations);
7) Communicating with you about your quotes and our current offers including responding to your enquiries (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
8) Administering debt recoveries, where you owe us money under a contract or otherwise (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
9) Undertaking market research and statistical analysis, including analysing your use of our website. This allows us to develop new, or improve existing, products and services (as is necessary for our legitimate interests); and
10) Fulfilling our obligations owed to a relevant regulator or authority (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
Our "legitimate interests" as referred to in this document include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
How we share your information
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, finance companies, payment processing organisations, IT solution companies, delivery organisations, fraud prevention, screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses. We may share your data with third parties for the following reasons:
(a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so,
(c) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity,
(d) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, and/or
(e) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
We may also share your data with our carefully selected partners (as may change from time to time) but we will only do this if you have consented to receive marketing relating to our offers and services or if one of the conditions in the paragraph above applies. We will only disclose your personal information to any organisation that is situated outside of the United Kingdom on the basis that:
•the country that we send the data is approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal information; or
•the recipient has agreed with us standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging the recipient to safeguard the personal information (in particular, our transfer of personal information to suppliers in the United States for marketing purposes are protected in each case by the use of appropriate model clauses); or
•there exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable data protection legislation (for example, where a third party recipient of personal data in the United States has registered for the EU-US Privacy Shield).
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
Security of your information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We use IT solution providers to store your data and have security procedures in place to protect these computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you. Please note that for safety and security, CCTV may be in operation in our premises.
If you are under 18
Our services are only available to persons of 18 years and older. We will not collect personal data from any users under the age of 18.
How long your information is kept and your rights
We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes, as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. Your information will be kept for up to 7 years on our main systems after which time it will be archived, deleted or anonymised. Records created for fraud prevention purposes will be deleted 7 years after creation. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, depending on how that data is being used. If you are considered to pose a risk of fraud or of money laundering, your data can be held by fraud prevention agencies for up to 6 years from its receipt by them. Please contact them for more information. Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulations. If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data, please contact us at the details provided above. You have certain rights in relation to the data that we hold about you:
•require us to delete your personal information
•require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities
•to receive from us the personal information that we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a format specified by you
•to require us to correct the information we hold about you if it is incorrect
You can make any request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address above. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept requests only from the correct person. Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. We will not charge a fee for administering this.
Where to make a complaint
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe HouseWater Lane
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/